As part of our commitment to provenance, this post is all about the ingredient ENCO1013, which is currently being used in the latest batch of all Ardoa Organics products, including Cerulean53, Cerulean53 Zero, Amber42, Amber42 Zero and Indigo66.
ENCO1013 is a CBG isolate, produced by an extraction laboratory in the Czech Republic. This lab is fully certified by the Czech authorities to produce both food products and ingredients. It recently received permission to produce ingredients to be used in the pharmaceutical industry. Even though the ingredient extracted for us is not a pharmaceutical ingredient – rather it is classed as a food product – it is reassuring for our customers to know that the facility itself is of such a high standard that its produce is also being used in medicines.
How is this top quality ingredient extracted?
- ENCO1013 is extracted by placing the biomass in an extraction bag and then soaking the biomass in super-chilled ethanol within a centrifugal extractor. This extractor agitates the solution and then spins rapidly to remove almost all the solvent from the biomass. The solvent is then evaporated under vacuum and condensed so it can be reused. What is left is a concentrated extract of hemp.
- This is then put through a process called winterisation, where it is super-cooled to below −50 ºC to force the fats and waxes out of the solution. This increases the purity.
- It is then put through a process of distillation, where the cannabinoids are evaporated and condensed in a purer form, having been separated from other unwanted compounds. This leaves a highly concentrated broad spectrum cannabis oil extract of the highest quality.
- This extract is then suspended in a solvent and, using fluctuations in temperature, the compounds with the solution are forced to crystallise.
- These crystals are then removed, washed, and ground into powder to create a high purity (>95%) extract of CBG and other minor cannabinoids.
The biomass used to produce this ingredient was cultivated in the South of Spain and is a strain of hemp called Santica. Santica is one of the registered hemp strains allowed to be cultivated in the EU.
Due to confidentiality agreements we are unable to publicly share the licences for our partners, but because we test every ingredient extensively we can share the results of our own safety tests that confirm the quality of this ingredient.
- Pesticides and Heavy Metals Test
- Solvent Residue Test
- Nutritional Info, Vitamins, Minerals, Fatty Acids Test
- Microbiological and Glyphosate Test
Like all products and ingredients made and used by Ardoa Organics, the testing protocol we have developed and the relationships with our testing partners are what enables us to have such confidence in our products – which we can then confidently pass on to you.
Go to Ardoa Market UK to buy the broadest spectrum CBD oil drops available.
Or, if you live in a European country, please go to Ardoa Market EU.